close

Jamie: Congratulations on your sales presentation.

 

傑米:你在推銷會上的講解十分成功,恭喜恭喜。

 

Deborah: Oh, thank you. I didn’t know you were there.

 

黛博拉:啊,謝謝,我不知道你也在場。

 

 

Jamie: Yes, I came in late at the back.

 

傑米:是啊,我來遲了,站在後方。

 

Deborah: How did I come across?

 

黛博拉:我給人的印象如何?

 

 

Jamie: Oh very much the cool, competent professional.

 

傑米:噢,完全是個冷靜、有才能的專家

 

Deborah: That’s certainly not how I felt. I was very nervous inside.

 

黛博拉:我自己當時可不這麼覺得。我心裡緊張得很。

 

Across 一般指「越過」,在動詞片語(phrasal verb)中,常有「傳達」含義,

 

例如come across 是「給人某個印象」,其後常用as帶出該印象,例如:

 

(1) You came across as a competent professional to me.

 

(你給我的是個能幹的專業人士的印象)

 

(2) He comes across as being very self-confident.

 

(他給人「自信十足」的印象)

 

(3) I am afraid you did not come across well in the debates.

 

(你在那場辯論中的表現恐怕不大好)

 

 

Come across 還可解作「被人明白」,而put acrossget across 則是「使人明白」,這都是「傳達」含義的引申,例如:

 

(1) Though he does not speak good English, he manages to get/put his ideas across.

 

(他雖然英語說得不好,但還能達意)

 

(2) The advertisement is a flop. Its antismoking message just fails to come across.

 

(這廣告失敗得很,其反吸菸寓意根本無法明白)

 

Flop「徹底的失敗」,常用於隨便的口語。

 

 

Presentation「展示」、「介紹」的意思,sales presentation自然是新產品、服務等的講解、推銷,例如:

 

The fund house representative made a presentation of their latest capital preservation products. (那家基金公司的代表介紹了他們最新的保本產品)

 

 

介紹新產品等的推銷會,也可以叫做sales presentation ,例如:

 

We will give a number of sales presentations to promote the new product.

 

(我們會舉辦一些推介會,促銷這新產品)

 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    meteor24443 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()